Small Investments You Can Make for Big Bang in Your Business
The word ‘investment’ often scares people off, because to small business owners, the idea of any extra expenditures is frightening. However, there are many little things you can do to invest your time, and energy back into your business, that can spark growth, and leave more margin for real investments such as hiring staff, opening a brick & mortar, and more.
Today we’re going to walk you through three outlets to invest in, that will attract new audiences and loyal customers to your brand.
1. E-mail Newsletters
You may be asking, what am I ‘investing’ when it comes to e-mail newsletters? The answer is time. When you have an e-mail list, you have a direct line of communication with people who have already expressed interest in your brand. The real investment comes in sitting down and dedicating time to creating meaningful content that will both engage and intrigue your audience. One tip we like to live by when it comes to e-mail newsletters is the 80/20 rule, which means 80% of your e-mails should be engaging content such as blog posts, playlists, updates, news, behind-the-scenes, and more, while the other 20% can be selling your to your audience. You don’t always want to be selling, selling, selling, or you’ll watch your e-mail open rates, and subscriber numbers drop. Take the time to engage with your VIP list of e-mail subscribers, and I promise the retention and conversion rates will skyrocket.
Pinterest is the most underrated social media platform. Being in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle space, we automatically have an advantage in that our content is some of the top performing categories on Pinterest. Again, your investment can be investing the time into scheduling, and re-scheduling Pins in order to ramp up the traffic to your profile, and to your website. There’s also a second thing you can invest in when it comes to Pinterest. Pinterest Ads. While I have not always been a fan of paid advertising, we’ve seen the incredible magic that happens when you invest not even $200 a month ad budget behind your already thriving pins.
Our Pinterest client Sotela began by working with us to ramp up their monthly traffic to around 60K visitors a month organically, and put a tiny budget behind ads, to then reach over 250K visitors per month, and over 250+ website clicks.
3. Blogger Giftings
The idea of giving away product to bloggers can sometimes be scary, but investing some product gifting to the right bloggers can have incredible success. At RISE, we do extensive research, and use multiple softwares to track which bloggers would be the best fit for your brand. You can do this research on your own, searching through hashtags, similar accounts, and keeping a keen eye if the bloggers following and engagement feels authentic or not. Finding bloggers whose audience is a perfect match for your product opens the door to gain new loyal customers who truly love your mission.
Our PR client La Fille Colette’s newest go-to sweater jacket was the perfect piece to send to both ethical bloggers & everyday style bloggers. With just the first 5 blogger giftings, the brand was able to reach 261,521 new eyes on Instagram.
If there’s one thing you take away from this post, it’s that with just a little bit extra time invested in your business, you can truly connect with loyal consumers who love your mission. If you’re feeling like you really don’t have that extra time to invest, we’re your easy button. Feel free to reach out and let us know how we can serve you in growing your impact this year.